Sunday 4 October 2015

Chocolate Pumpkin Roll cake.

Soooo I learned a lot from this experience. 
Mainly that I need more practice with roll cakes :).
Overall the cake was amazing but the roll collapsed on me. I believe that I rolled it when it was too hot and I rolled it quickly.
This is the picture :). It was delicious!!
Next time I will take more time to roll it and let it cool a little. As for the designs, I think they turned out well; however, I will be using a decorator's bottle rather than a sandwich bag to pour the batter. I will have more control and more experience with the designs. There are many other designs I would like to try that require more finesse, which the bottle will help with. Don't wory I will keep you posted on those attempts as well...

Do you want to give it a try?
What do you think?











Overall it was really fun to try something new. 

I have never ever made a roll cake before and and I always seem to do, I jumped right in with both feet. I will 100% be making more, next time I will know to roll it and let it rest on the towel so it forms the initial shape and then fill it.

Come back tomorrow for the whole recipe with pictures and tips!

Did you try something new today? I would love to hear about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment