Sunday 29 November 2015

Holiday Spirit and So Much Crafting!!


Our tree is up and ready for the season!
Hi everyone!! I know it has been a whole week since I last posted and that is super odd for me.... well this is going to be a common occurrence during the holiday season. I am going to go down to one post a week so that I have more time for crafting and getting the house together for the holidays.

Now now don't you feel slighted, this will work in your favour soon! I can't say to much because a lot of the crafts I am planning are secret and surprise gifts. If I give them all away to you now, then the recipients will already know! (The surprises are my most favourite part of gift giving!)

Don't worry, you will be getting a full play by play of all of the gifts and tutorials and the amazing crafts that I have been able to create this year. I know that you will not be able to use the tutorials this year for your gifts however you will be able to save the posts and plan them for next year!! I love planning everything and getting all my ideas into play before the holiday season even starts!!

Even though the previous post tells you that I am super busy crafting, it doesn't mean that I don't want to give you a post! So here we go!

This is a super simple tutorial for a Tree Skirt. As most of you know my partner and I moved into our first hours this year!! (Woooohooo!!!) As such, this is also our first Christmas here and our very first Christmas with a full sized tree!!! Needless to say that I was not fully prepared when we set everything up with our tree.. Well, I have already allotted my time for other crafts and we were left without a tree skirt. ( I know I know I could have just gone to a store and purchased one... well that is just not me!) If I can make it myself before buying it.. well that is the route I will take!

So what did I do? I improvised ;)

I know that all you crafters out there have an amazing amount of extra fabric or large fabric scraps. So do I! If you don't see where I am going with this, it is a no sew project! I had an extra yard or so of dark green velvet and I absolutely love this fabric and we have now placed it around the tree to cover the base!

Bare and not so polished
Gorgeous Velvet!










Doesn't this look amazing!!???!!!
This is what it looks like with some of my wrapped gifts :) Super simple and Super Elegant!


The sky is the limit with what kind of fabric you would like to use. My best friend was my inspiration for this and here is a quick shot of her burlap tree skirt! Looks amazing doesn't it!!




You will be getting a Tree Skirt Tutorial eventually, ( Next year I will have a fully completed and polished Tree Skirt, so just be ready to craft!!

I hope you are all getting your plans in order and your gifts together. Remember that as amazing as the gifts are, it is the family that you spend the holidays with that means the most! Have an amazing weekend and enjoy your time together. Your next post is just around the corner!!


Happy Crafting

-xo-

No comments:

Post a Comment